I started this blog to bookmark and organize potentially useful recipes, but now I also post stuff I make!
If you're looking for something specific, I do try and tag everything.
So I really like oatmeal. So much that I have had it almost every day for breakfast for the past three years. Here’s just one of the tasty combinations I like to put in my oatmeal in the morning.
- 1/3 cup Rolled oats (I like these better, and they cook just fine in the microwave, but feel free to use quick oats.)
- 1-2 Tbs Nut butter (I use peanut butter, almond butter, or if I want some extra chocolate, Justin’s hazelnut chocolate butter.)
- 1/2 tbs coconut butter
- `1/2 tbs Cacao nibs
- 1-3 tbs Large coconut flakes
- 1/2 tbs chia seeds
- A handful of chocolate chips, if desired
- Sweetener, if not sweet enough. (I like to use 1/2 tbs agave if I’m not adding Justin’s or chocolate chips)
I usually dump everything in a bowl, add slightly less than 2/3 cup water, and microwave for 1 minute and 15 second. It’s that easy!
I’ve been exploring Just Bento lately for inspiration and recipes for packing my lunch.
This was my bento for today:
- Tuna Miso Burgers (I omitted the tofu.)
- Brown rice cooked with chicken broth
Top right compartment: All-season shredded vegetable pickle-salad
Bottom right compartment: Pumpkin miso muffins and spinach
I made everything beforehand and froze all but the pickle salad. Rice too, as I just learned how to freeze cooked rice. Very tasty and little prep in the morning. I’ll definitely be working on more of these!